Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sleeper Foot Issue

Last Friday, I took a basic yoga class of which I highly recommend.  If you haven't taken yoga before most of the time the class is pretty quiet.  During a particularly quiet moment, my ankle made a bone shattering crack.  Now, this happens daily - sounds awful - is completely painless, but I felt people turning their heads.  On the upside, at least I didn't rip some gas.

I should have run a few miles on Saturday, but I volunteered at a 5K... does that count?  Nope.  The weekend was pretty much shot for fitness goals and occupied by day drinking, supporting children's charity, great music and even better weather at the Life Is Good Festival in the Blue Hills.  Found a Boston band that I might start stalking, Air Traffic Controller and got in my first Dave show.

Monday, I ran 4.5 miles!  That is the most I've ever tried to run in one shot and I have to say I felt pretty good about it.  My foot didn't bother me at all - and I thought I was in the clear - until about the last mile.  I think the endorphins over powered what tomorrow would hurt like Hell.   

Tuesday, I woke up and could barely walk the blister had gotten so bad.  The skin was just stretched to the max.  Needless to say, there was no timed easy run today.  

Today, I found the secret.  Thick socks and layers of "neo-sporin".  That really helped a lot over night and through today.  This morning I aqua-jogged (without a belt, thank-you-very-much) for 45 minutes as there was no way an actual run was in the cards.

Tomorrow, going to try for a couple miles on the treadmill.  In case, it goes bad I'll be close to the locker room and not across the river.  

No comments:

Post a Comment