Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday ends in foot icing

Monday, 9/17 was my first "long" run... this all relative.  I mapped out a 3.5 mile route from the Zesiger Center to the Esplanade and back.  It was a wicked-nice morning (yep, I went there).  I would rather be too warm when running outside, so if it is 60 degrees out I will generally wear long sleeves.  This morning, I seem to be the only sane person wearing sleeves.  

The blister that formed on my right foot yesterday from those "other" shoes definitely burst during this jaunt, but I didn't notice it until I stepped in the shower.  Holy hell! I thought my foot was on fire.  It eventually subsided and didn't bother me the rest of the day. 

Today, 9/18 the weather seemed iffy, so I opted to do my timed easy run on the treadmill.  35 minutes on the treadmill, ick.  I watched clip-after-clip of Peyton Manning throwing pick-after-pick from Monday Night Football and Tony Gonzales tearing it up (keep padding my Fantasy team please).  Everything was going well until my ear-buds started falling out from the sweat streaming down the side of my head.  Good thing they're the kind that hook over my ears, so they'll never fall completely out.  But the quality of sound was compromised which is clearly not okay.  Kept my mind of those last 10 minutes though.

My right foot did not bother me during the workout today, but has hurt pretty bad the rest of the day.  Limped everywhere.  When I got home I iced it for about 20 minutes and it is exponentially better now.  Tomorrow will definitely be a flip-flop day.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should have watched clips from last week's game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Shelby! Second skin blister kit (at Marathon sports) works wonders...
    -MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby, this is awesome! I also had issues with my earbuds earlier this year. I have yurbuds (they're basically covers that go over regular earbuds). They never fall out and have worked great for me all summer!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete